Akhilandeshvari: The Goddess of Never Not Broken


My family and I have had some major changes to deal with this year, and the year has been extremely challenging to say the least.  I came across this post (an acquaintance from long ago posted it on her Facebook page), and it really struck a chord.  I really like the idea of the Goddess of Never Not Broken.

These paragraphs are worth a reread by me on a daily basis:

The thing about going through sudden or scary or sad transitions (like a breakup) is that one of the things you lose is your future: your expectations of what the story of your life so far was going to become. When you lose that partner or that job or that person, your future dissolves in front of you.

~AND~

But look, Akhilanda says, now you get to make a choice. In pieces, in a pile on the floor, with no idea how to go forward, your expectations of the future are meaningless. Your stories about the past do not apply. You are in flux, you are changing, you are flowing in a new way, and this is an incredibly powerful opportunity to become new again: to choose how you want to put yourself back together. Confusion can be an incredible teacher—how could you ever learn if you already had it all figured out?

I like to tell my kids that learning is fun even though I know that sometimes it not.  Its always necessary, though.  Am I right?

Debbie Downer, signing off!
Happy Summer, y'all!
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment