Technology - Friend or Foe?


Lately I’ve been thinking about all the “must have” electronic gadgets in my life and whether they are making me more efficient or just sucking away valuable time I will never get back.  Probably both.  I do not have a history of being very techno savvy – just ask anyone who has lived with me so I completely relate to Kate’s blog below.  Then there was a recent post from our gal pal the the Bearded Iris – hilarious as usual and it did strike a familiar cord.  Next on the list is face book.  I just recently opened that can o' worms and, honestly I don’t think I’m mature enough to handle it.   I can see the benefit, but right now it just feels like one other thing I have to monitor  - don’t take it personally if I’m not your "friend", I just don’t know what I am doing.

I can feel myself yearning for simpler times, with less distractions and buttons to push.   I’d like to grow my own food and learn to sew.  I’d like to enjoy cooking  (a lofty goal I realize).  I’d like to unplug and read REAL books.  For now I’ll take it one step at a time –maybe I’ll start with daily meditation all the while chanting “simplicity”.

 Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment